Friday, July 16, 2010

Farm share week 7


In this week's box:
  • Corn: 4.5 lbs (!)
  • Cabbage: 2.25 lbs
  • Taters: 1.5 lbs
  • Kale: 1.25 lbs
  • Cuke: 0.75 lb
  • Zuke: 1 lb
  • Arugula: 0.75 lb.
  • Raspberries: 1 pint
Hey look, I remembered to weigh the stuff before I put it away! Actually what made me think of it was how HEAVY the box was this week compared to the past few weeks. According to this tally, the shipment this week is 12+ pounds. I think that's the heaviest yet! I can't believe how much bigger the ears of corn are compared to last week's runty specimens. Also, the kale leaves are ENORMOUS. I think this is called dinosaur kale (understandably). It looks a little prehistoric...

As you can see in this week's farm newsletter (PDF), more and more of each week's shipment is coming directly from Enterprise Farm, and almost everything is local (except for the potatoes this week). I have to say, this is one of the most interesting aspects of having a farm share -- knowing what's ripe and ready to pick each week in my local growing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment